Southport Yacht Club Associates Committee
The Southport Yacht Club Associates Committee gathers together to support all aspects of the Club’s facilities and activities. The Committee hosts luncheons, dinners, getaways, weekly raffles and mega raffles.
The monthly meetings bring together like minded ladies (the majority are not boat owners) with a variety of talents to ensure we cover a myriad of fund raising events.
The Club has four great facilities:- SYC Main Beach: The home of our boating events, function room and waterfront dining along with weekend entertainment. This is the venue for the majority of our activities.
SYC Hollywell Sailing Squadron: From juniors to Olympic Champions and Sailability (sailing for the disabled). The youth sailing program is second to none and has resulted in some fantastic achievements and is the future of our Club.
Oxenford Watersports Centre: The location where we hold all our Youth Sailing (Tackers 1 & 2) and school programs.
SYC Dux @ Stradbroke: This is our “jewel in the crown” retreat on South Stradbroke Island. Only accessible by boat, this island getaway ensures our members enjoy a natural setting whilst beautifully maintained by permanent caretakers.
The Associates have raised funds for over 40 years to assist in maintaining and growing our Club.
If you are a member or desire to be a member of Southport Yacht Club and have a few hours per month to help the Associates achieve their goals, please contact Southport Yacht Club: 07 5591 3500 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations are now open for the Associates Committee, please see the selection criteria below for each position:
- Must be a current, financial, Voting member of Southport Yacht Club Inc., Related Associate, or a Social Member for a minimum of three (3) years;
- Must have been a member of the Associates Committee for two (2) years
VICE PRESIDENT, TREASUERER, SECRETARY:
- Must be a current, financial, Voting member of Southport Yacht Club Inc., Related Associate, or a Social Member for a minimum of two (2) years;
- Shall be appointed from the eight (8) elected Committee Members
The Associates Committee is the fund raising division of the Club, through events, functions, raffles, and major prize draws the Associates have managed to raise funds to support major projects over the last couple of years including:
- A large Bali hut at Dux
- Support vessel located at Hollywell
- Children’s playground at Main Beach
- Shade sail cover over playground, western deck